Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dreaming of Feline Love...


...she came to me in a dream. I scooped Ella up, ever-so-gently, and laid her to rest. Golden Slumbers filled her eyes.


...there we were, traversing the miles, on a road to somewhere. As I searched for her amidst the nooks & crannies of the rig's blue interior, I began to worry--not that the jeep was on auto-pilot, nor that this technology wasn't available on such an obviously aged automobile, but that My Velvet Loveloaf was not well. I had to help her, she needed me! There, there, precious kitty.

Her feline spirit returns in my dreamstate reminding me of how differently I would have treated her over the last leg of our trip (had I known she was ill). Today, I can embrace having loved her for exactly who she was every moment of every day of our lives together.

No comments:

Post a Comment